Screen shot camera sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mylo130, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Mylo130 macrumors member

Mylo130

Ok, so I was iced/snowed in today in the South. Yeah, that means .025" of snow fell lol. Anyway, I noticed something on my iPhone 5, then iPad mini, and then ipad 2. The screen shot shutter sound is different depending on the order the home & sleep/wake buttons are pressed.

Pushing the home for maybe a second then sleep/wake button; the noise is quiet. Push the sleep/wake button for a second or so then the home button, and the noise is loud.

Not going to change lives, but it was something I had never noticed or heard of before stumbling across it. I really need to go back to work tomorrow, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen haha.

Cheers!

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I wonder what the point of that is. You were pretty bored... Haha

3. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

4. Mylo130 thread starter macrumors member

Mylo130

Yeah, there's on so much time I could spend on the youtubes lol. I actually noticed it when the sound glitched, so I tried it again and that's when I noticed it.

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be worse than today, so who knows what kind of stupid thing I'll find. Haha

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I just tried it a bunch of times, and while in the initial attempts it seemed like the sounds might have had different volumes, trying it a bunch of times again it seems like the sound is the same either way.

Perhaps it has to do more with how the phone is being held and the effect it has on the speaker at the bottom where the sound comes from, or perhaps related to what was going on with the phone prior to taking a screenshot?

In any case, I often end up taking screenshots (as rarely as I do) with the phone being muted anyway, so there's no sound at all.

6. Mylo130 thread starter macrumors member

Mylo130

Nah, it's not how it was being held. It actually does it on my mini and ipad 2 as well. It's no big deal, just a quirky observation.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, I definitely get it initially it seems, but if I continue doing it different ways after that it seems to use the same sound for both.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I never noticed that because I press them at the same time unless I take a screen shot by acadint. That's interesting.

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

What part of the south are you in? Its funny how in Texas they get an inch of snow yet here in Illinois we get 9 inches and its just another day.