screen shot of my own DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Keebler, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hi,

I'm trying to grab various screen caps of a DVD created by me. Footage is of my client's home videos. I tried the 'grab' app, but it won't capture during dvd playback.

Is there an app to do what i want? I know I can use programs to uncompress the dvd, but that seems like overkill.

maybe snapping a shot on my digital camera?

Cheers,
    Keebler

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

It would be best if you took screenshots of your source material rather than directly from the DVD. It would be better quality and easier to do, since I assume you have the source material because you made the DVD. :)

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

i totally agree, but in this case, i do not. just a regular home transfer that didn't require keeping source.

i did see post on apple's site to use vlc and then 'grab' which i did.

Cheers,
    Keebler

4. lag1090 macrumors 6502

You can also use Snapz Pro, but you have to pay for it. The VLC/grab method's probably your best option for what you want to do, though.

5. DanielSmith macrumors newbie

6. banjomamo macrumors regular

Open up your DVD in VLC Player. You can take a screenshot of it in that app and its free.

Edit: I missed your one line about VPC above before I posted. Sorry.

7. skimaxpower Guest

This is your best bet. Take the screen capture at 1x zoom. This will give you a small resolution pic, but it will be maximum possible quality. Better to resize later in Photoshop than to take the on-the-fly resize of VLC.