Screen Shutting off when rMBP mid-2015 slides...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amalkan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. amalkan macrumors newbie

I normally use my snugg case to serve as a base for my new laptop, today it slid very rapidly while I had it at an angle and the screen shut off. I also slid on purpose a few times after and the screen also went black...what's going on?

2. amalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Does that case have a magnetic closure flap?
    Maybe you moved your Macbook Pro, and that moved across the magnet in the flap, triggering the sleep sensor in your MBPro.

4. amalkan thread starter macrumors newbie

That is absolutely crazy! I think you're right, I slid it around on my bed and nothing happened. I'm relieved, really didn't want to be without a computer for two weeks.

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You can probably experiment with a magnet a little to see exactly where the sleep sensor sits.
    Often, that will be near the right of left edge, just off the keyboard
    Run a magnet around the edge of the base, until the screen suddenly shuts off (it's sleeping!) - same action as closing the lid. You may also sense the magnet in the lid (your magnet will stick, or be repelled), which will help you find where the sensor lives in the base.
    Just a suggestion, if you want to avoid the screen suddenly shutting off - you'll know why it happens - and where.