Screen size, iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagdagdag234, Oct 17, 2014.

1. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

Just got my iphone 6 today. So amazed how much easier it is to read things than it was on the 5, with only a tiny extension of the screen.

Is the quality of the screen better than the 5 or is it just the .7 inches that accomplishes this?

2. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

The quality of the screen is much better than the five even though the ppi is the same.

The biggest improvement for me is the visibility of the screen in direct sunlight. It was amazing. I could see everything on the screen on the 6 in direct sunlight and I wear dark transition lenses. On the 5 it was much much harder to do the same.

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

The .7" is a lot, as surface area increases exponentially with diagonal screen size. But apart from the higher resolution (same pixel density), the 6 and 6 Plus also have a higher contrast ratio than the 5/5S. The panels also utilize dual-domain pixels, which help visibility at extreme viewing angles as well.

4. lke macrumors 6502a

One big difference is that the screen is closer to the glass, that makes everything looks amazing.

Try viewing the stock app or any other black web page in your iphone 6, it looks amazing because you think that everything is the screen including the rounded edges of the screen.

Here is 100% black website
    http://www.blackle.com/