Screen Size

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sebbie, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Sebbie macrumors newbie

I rebooted my MacBook today and it has re-booted with larger icons. Does anyone know what the cause of this was?

I rebooted by holding down the power key. It is almost as if it is running in safe mode on a PC where it makes everything larger including icons on the dashboard and when i open any folder such as the application one, and the top bar is larger too. My desktop changed from the normal widescreen to a square fit. It's definitely not zoomed in and the only way i can get it back to looking normal is running it in safe mode but obviously i don't want to have to do this every time!

This is my first Mac so i'm a little worried. If anyone could help me in the slightest way i'd be very grateful.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you really have a MacBook and not a Mac Pro or Power Mac, then the resolution should be 1280 x 800.

3. Sebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sorry i do have a MacBook (i've probably posted this in the completely wrong bit!) I've just checked and my resolution is already set to 1280 x 800. Thanks for the help anyway!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use the [​IMG] button to report your post and ask to move the thread to the right forum.

Don't make another one, that will be deleted anyway (most of the time).

So if the resolution is correct, than maybe the settings of the icons on the desktop has been changed. You can change them via CMD+J.

Even though some might get tired of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

5. Sebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

No, you were right the first time. It was showing the correct resolution because i was in safe mode. I rebooted it again and have checked and the resolution had changed. I've just changed to the correct one and all is back to normal.

Thank you very much!