Screen sleep mode seems "slow"

wgaffa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
When my Macbook screen goes to sleep I can see it gradiantly go black from the left bottom corner and last spot to blackout is the top right corner.

Is this normal? The blackout is about 1 or 2 seconds but it bugs me that the top right corner gets blackened last.

Edit: What is strange that the screen does go "black" but then it does put up another shade of black/grey and that is what I seem to see.

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2006
When my Macbook screen goes to sleep I can see it gradiantly go black from the left bottom corner and last spot to blackout is the top right corner.

Is this normal? The blackout is about 1 or 2 seconds but it bugs me that the top right corner gets blackened last.

Edit: What is strange that the screen does go "black" but then it does put up another shade of black/grey and that is what I seem to see.
The first "black" you are seeing is the backlight turning off. This should happen instantly. After that, the actual LCD screen will go to sleep - the sweeping pattern you describe is consistent with the MacBooks I have worked with. I wouldn't be too worried :)

wgaffa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
The first "black" you are seeing is the backlight turning off. This should happen instantly. After that, the actual LCD screen will go to sleep - the sweeping pattern you describe is consistent with the MacBooks I have worked with. I wouldn't be too worried :)
Thanks, this is my first laptop ever and my first mac so I might get worried over nothing sometimes. Allways good to be reassured thought :)