Screen slightly off centered?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hashsi99, Aug 26, 2011.

1. hashsi99 macrumors member

I just noticed this today, I guess cause I started looking for it.

I first noticed it in landscape when reading comments in the youtube app. The comments look like they are slanted upwards. In the mail app, in landscape, the left side looks like it slants down.

At first I thought it was just in landscape, but in portrait now I notice all my email, the lines look crooked. I looked at my MBP and it doesn't seem to have this problem, so I don't think its me "holding" it wrong. LOL

I have a genius bar appointment Monday, I guess I'll compare my iPad to theirs.

Can someone check to see if they have this problem?

Thanks,

2. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

3. hashsi99 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No pics. Hard to tell in a picture.

Ill try when I get home.

Edit: the lines around the screen (thin black lines) look even all they way around, maybe the screen is just buckled?

4. docprego macrumors 65816

So you are saying that the screen is actually tilted within the metal iPad body? I've never seen one installed on an angle like that.

I have however noticed on several white iPads that the screens are not installed evenly from left to right. This uneven screen installation is probably more common than it might seem. The black iPad conceals this unevenness because you can't readily see the gap between where the screen ends and the bezel begins. On the white units this gap is very evident between the white bezel and the screen edge.

5. hashsi99 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think that's what I'm seeing.

I do have a black ipad and the lines are thicker on one side, however they are equal thickness on both the thicker and thinner side. Does that make sense?