Screen Spanning Doctor on OS X Server?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Slix, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Hey everybody!

Since hanging around on here more, I've learned about a lot of cool apps that make PPCs more useful and whatnot, but one I came across that I wanted to try was Screen Spanning Doctor on one of my iMac G4s. However, the iMac G4 I tried so far is running Mac OS X 10.4 Server (haven't had a chance yet to try it on the other iMacs that aren't running Server), and when I start the application, it says it's not supported on this model of computer. I couldn't find any info on whether it's because it's running Server, or if it's because my model of iMac G4 is unsupported for some reason. It's a 700 MHz, 15 inch. Any ideas?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

Hey Slix,

The reason you can't make use of it is not because of the fact that you're running OS X Server, it's because your machine isn't supported and cannot make use of the patch. If you had the 1GHz model of the 15" then you'd be fine.

Screen Spanning Doctor list of supported configurations:

3. Slix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Slix

Aha! Thanks! I didn't come across that page earlier. Thanks. :D

Looks like it'll work on my sister's iMac G4 though, 17 inch 1.25 GHz though, and my iBook G3 700 MHz. :)

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Running OS X Sever shouldn't matter. I don't think ScreenSpanning works on that model iMac because its GPU doesn't support multiple displays.