Screen Spanning

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Silver-Fox, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Hi

is there any applications that will allow me to span my menu bar over another screen on leopard, the only one i have heard of is screen spanning doctor and that wont work. Im using Macbook core 2 duo 2 ghz

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

the MacBook supports dual screens / extended desktops without hacks, just connect an external monitor of up to 1920x1200 res - but the menu bar stays on the primary screen only (which can be either the internal screen or external).

This also applies to machines that need screen spanning doctor to enable multiple screen use - OS X will only display the menu bar on the primary display.

3. Silver-Fox thread starter macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

i think i asked the wrong question, i wanted to know if i could extend the menu bar across both screens, its irritating not having it like that

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

No - it can't be done.

The idea being that the elements housed by the menu bar always remain on the primary screen and therefore become easier to find. It may be less attractive that way, but from a HID point of view it is far more intuitive.

5. Silver-Fox thread starter macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

ok thanks for the replies

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I think this was asked last week and the consensus was that it wasn't possible. Or at least if it is, nobody seems to know.

EDIT: Beaten to it completely and utterly. Ah well!