Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Is the specs (just short of resolution) the same on the MBA as opposed to the MBP. Just curious...as I woud have figuered the higher res would have went into the refreshed 13" MBP

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Not at all. The MBAs use Core 2 Duo processors and the 320M nVidia chipset which is a bit dated. The MBPs use Sandy Bridge i5 and i7 processors with Intel's chipset and integrated graphics. The MBA 13" has a higher resolution display, though I'm not sure other aspects of quality (ie: IPS) are the same..

adnoh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2010
Is the specs (just short of resolution) the same on the MBA as opposed to the MBP. Just curious...as I woud have figuered the higher res would have went into the refreshed 13" MBP

you're not the only one.

AdamRock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Toronto
Not at all. The MBAs use Core 2 Duo processors and the 320M nVidia chipset which is a bit dated. The MBPs use Sandy Bridge i5 and i7 processors with Intel's chipset and integrated graphics. The MBA 13" has a higher resolution display, though I'm not sure other aspects of quality (ie: IPS) are the same..

c2d are not a bit outdated, they are 3-4 years out dated.

also the SB MBP's feature an AMD graphics card, except the 13".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.