Screen Stain Minimisation Techniques- RMbP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chino101, Oct 10, 2016.

1. chino101 macrumors newbie

chino101

Hi all,

So I'm now on to my second 13 inch RMbP as the first was replaced, however at exactly 9 months of age, the screen coating has started to delaminate, despite being extra careful as the same thing had happened to my previous MacBook.

I've chatted to Apple, and they've said they'll replace the screen under the 3 year warranty for the issue (thanks), however they didn't have any response to my question as to whether there has been any attempt to fix the underlying problem.

It tends to delaminate in the area near the FaceTime camera first, followed by the edges. These are areas where my fingers are most likely to touch. I know therefore a solution is to stop bumping the screen, however I struggle to open the screen without bumping the bezel at least once every now and then.

So, has anyone tried putting a glass screen protector on to the screen when new? I was thinking this might minimise the problem (albeit somewhat diminish the clarity of the display). I understand this may due to the resin under the glass, may affect the display coating if removed, however I would intend to keep it on.

I always only clean with a touch of plain water and a microfibre screen cloth supplied by Apple. Has anyone found a solution? I'd ideally like to keep my Mac looking fresh!

2. ytech macrumors member

ytech

What year is your current rMBP and what year was your previous one?

3. jerryk macrumors 68030

Wear gloves? Just kidding.

Make sure you hands are clean, never eat or drink at you laptop. Some people have suggested that high humidity environment with salt air, like near a beach can cause issues.

4. chino101 thread starter macrumors newbie

chino101

First was a Mid 2014, second is an early 2015