Screen stain on MBP 13 inch early 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by walt disney, Jun 18, 2017.

1. walt disney, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017

walt disney macrumors newbie

walt disney

So recently I bough MBP 13 inch early 2011 in pretty good condition. But at some point I noticed, when there are some darker colours on most of the screen a certain witheish stain can be seen, which looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    On a normal desktop background you can't really notice anything:
    [​IMG]
    So I made this assumption that this is some issue with the hardware of the screen which really can't be fixed but this is pure guessing, so does anyone know why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated, thx :D

2. windows4ever macrumors member

windows4ever

that looks like an impression from the keyboard. is it just on the surface of the glass? or is it deeper and from the panel underneath?

if it's just the glass (it's actually plastic) it is easy and cheap to replace yourself (youtube it). if it's the panel itself, there is probably damage to the liquid crystals and you'd have to replace the LCD panel.

3. walt disney thread starter macrumors newbie

walt disney

This is probably a dumb question, but how can I check for certain if it's just the surface of the glass or deeper from the panel underneath ?

4. windows4ever macrumors member

windows4ever

from the picture you took, it looks like it is the panel since white light looks to be shining through rather than being refracted. lcds can "bruise" if they are pressed too hard or too long and will show light or dark areas as a result.