Screen still blinks/flashes when you unlock it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 11, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Even after 4.1 when u unlock the phone sometimes it flashes/blinks for a second. I remember others had this. It only happens sometimes and only when you unlock it.

2. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

I too, have this problem. It only blinks at the bottom of the screen when I exit a certain app. Doesn't really bother me though. If you're unhappy about it, I'd suggest you take it to apple and see what's the dealiO yO (=

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

No it's not that it continueously blinks. It's only very very few times and very rare. It's only when i unlock it and the whole screen blinks as if I took a screen shot. Almost like a screen shot but without the white after flash. Hope that makes sense. When u unlock the phone by sliding it

4. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

IT BLINKS AND THE ICONS AT THE BOTTOM LEFT AND RIGHT kind of take longer to fade in? I have that issue but im not on 4.1, im on 4.0.1 and it sucks. I thought it was activator being as usual high but that turns out is not it. HMM interesting.

I can't explain it but yes it blinks and the icons lag (time wise) compared to usual. It happens when i keep my phone locked for a while then unlock it. IF I go through unlock, lock unlock (it doesnt happen) but if i lock, wait 1 minute then unlock, it happens. NOT ALWAYS THOUGH. I can't find the exact time between lock and unlock that causes that glitch.

But thanks to you I know its not activator causing this issue.

Thanks
    AE

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

It must be software then cause I also can't find a pattern. I never noticed if the bottoms icons take a while. It happens so quick!

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

What happened to everyone that had this problem? It's so random and few times that idk if I should restore or set up as new. I mean my iPod touch even started doing it with 4.0 update

7. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

My phone does this aswell it only happens when I press the lock button twice really fast though..

8. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

who else has this? what happened to all the people that had this.

9. TechJunky macrumors regular

Anyone else have this issue? Any resolutions?

I was having this problem on my iPhone 4 jailbroken on 4.0.1. Before I returned it to Apple (for other problems) I updated to 4.2 and set up as a new phone. I still occasionally saw the flash when unlocking so I figured it was a hardware issue. I received my new iPhone 4 this weekend (4.1) and never once saw the problem. Then yesterday I jailbroke with Greenpoison and installed a few jb apps, winterboard, etc. All of a sudden I saw it flash for the first time. So I removed my jb apps, one by one, pressing sleep & slide to unlock repeatedly after each one until it flashed. Everything is now removed except Cydia and it still occasionally does it. Ugh.