iPhone 6(S)(+) Screen stutters when plugged in ? RESOLVED

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by now i see it, Feb 28, 2018.

1. now i see it macrumors 68040

New development on a ip6+

When the lightening cable is plugged in and the battery is charging and the phone is being used, the screen stutters when scrolling and the cursor will jump around when typing on the keyboard- moving to different lines. Also just placing a finger steady on the screen will make the display jack hammer up & down. Any app

But if I unplug the phone, problem goes away. Hmmmmmn. Anyone else experience this? Early touch disease??

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

Does the phone have a case or screen protector? If so, does it happen with the case removed?

3. now i see it thread starter macrumors 68040

Believe it or not - this has been bugging me for a couple months, but sometimes it went away. I couldn't pin point what was triggering it. After posting this thread, I unplugged the phone and the stutter went away- but then I plugged it into a battery pack, and the stutter was still gone. Then I plugged it back into the usual 5W Apple charger, and the stutter returned.

Thinking now that I was on to something- I plugged the phone into an iPad 12W charger ... and no stutter.

Then plugged it into a different Apple 5W charger ... and no stutter.

Then plugged it back into the original Apple 5W charger I normally used ... and the stutter returned immediately.

THE PROBLEM WAS A DEFECTIVE APPLE 5W CHARGER.

I tossed that sucker in the trash. No more stutter. That was easy!

4. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Yup, bad chargers are well known to cause problems with the touchscreen.