screen sunken in on one side

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bltobman, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bltobman macrumors newbie

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, took mine back with receipt and box it came in and they gave me a NIB. I got to take it out of the box...:p

3. bori macrumors member

yeah
    mine was like that too
    got a replacement!

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

5. ribenaberrie macrumors member

How bad is it? Pics?

I took my phone in for the opposite problem and regretted it because the replacement phone they gave me which was new not refurb has a very obvious black mark (white iphone) on the back casing that was inside the plastic. The genius initially refused to replace it because he said its only a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect the function of the phone. And I asked for my original phone back (I would rather my screen not flush than some ugly dot) but wasn't allowed to have it back because the paperworks been done and they just can't.

Thank god after a lot of pouting they got me another new replacement. :p

My replacement is perfect but I think whenever you exchange you are always making a gamble because you can end up with a much worse phone from all the issues I've read here.

6. bltobman thread starter macrumors newbie

It is bad enough that it bothers me. I am going to replace it today at the apple store.

7. bluelondon macrumors regular

joker :rolleyes:

8. himalayas.fien macrumors newbie

did you received the already defected phone or it occured after you use ??

9. daniels macrumors member

Mine is the same way. Sunken in one corner, raised in the opposite. I'll be taking it back.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Hope all you returners don't end up with dust, cracks, etc. If a slightly uneven screen is the ONLY thing wrong with the phone, I think you're crazy for gambling with getting a phone with worse defects.

11. daniels macrumors member

I'll inspect the replacement phone before accepting to it make sure it doesn't have those issues. And if it develops them I'll return it for another. The slightly sunken/raised screen isn't the only problem though. I get a lot of dropped calls, although there's absolutely no guarantee that a new phone will fix that. What worries me most about the screen right now is that because it's raised above the bevel on one corner I think it would probably hit that and crack if dropped.

12. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

you guys are freaking picky

JUST PUSH IN THE CORNER THAT IS STICKING UP

jesus im not kidding, this will solve your problem

13. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

can we get pics!

14. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Unfortunately I don't have pictures

my black iphone 3g glass was higher on the entire right side ( the left side was sunken in respectively)

what i did was use my thumb.. yeah thumb and press the right side of the glass down so that it would sit flush. There is about a mm of give on the piece of glass, just press hard and repeat until its perfectly flush

now both sides of the glass are perfectly flush with the chrome bezel

I would take pictures but all you would see is a perfectly flush piece of glass ( all four corners )

15. daniels macrumors member

yeah, I can push the screen down where it's sticking up but it won't stay there

16. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Is it a corner or an entire side? If it's a corner try using both thumbs, one on each side of the corner. Turn off your screen an apply a good amount of force for about a minute. See if that works

17. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

My first 3G had a raised top left corner and left side, as well as and uneven bezel corner on the bottom right. The genius wouldn't give me a replacement until I pointed out the crack by the headphone jack. The first were "cosmetic issues," he said. It's been a week and the replacement hasn't cracked yet, but the screen is raised along the left and sunken on the right.

18. stoich macrumors member

If it bothers you that bad take it back!

But if you can simply push on it and fix it that seems like it would be easier. Good luck! lol

19. daniels macrumors member

It's a corner but I've pushed pretty damn hard and it won't stay. I don't want to push harder and risk messing up the phone somehow. I know people are saying we're being picky but it's definitely noticeable and it shouldn't be that way so I'm taking mine back.

20. docprego macrumors 65816

I cannot believe the people in these threads who accuse people of being picky. The guy bought a device that should function correctly and LOOK satisfactory. Why should he accept flaws like this? I say take it back.

21. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

remind me never to be your doctor :rolleyes:

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Are you saying you're a bad doctor? :p

23. docprego macrumors 65816

Never be my doctor. :)

Seriously why should people accept sub par products, I obviously don't and cannot fathom why anyone would.

24. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

"Hello Apple Store, My Screen Has Fallen And It Can't Get Up".

25. daniels macrumors member

Just as an update- they replaced my iPhone without any problems.