Screen swap between V1 iPhone and 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Jul 11, 2008.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I was just thinking...

If I were to break my LCD on my new 3G would it be possible for Apple (or someone) to swap my old 1st generation LCD into the 3G? I assume there would be a labor charge as well. Or are the screens not compatible between generations?

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I doubt they're going to do custom repairs.

They'll repair it with whatever they ordered for the job.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i bet you could pay a third party to swap them out. but by the time you buy a v1 screen and pay for the labor to have them switched out, its going to be pretty expensive.

4. nojokews6 macrumors regular

5. yode macrumors 6502

he is probably getting all worked up over the supposedly 'yellow' screen, which only looks yellow when compared to the overly blueish original iPhone.

6. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Wrong.

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

If you ever venture into the Buying Tips & Advice forum here you'll hear all sorts of similar BS. "MacBook Pro is faster than MacBook!" "Oh you can't use a Mac without doing it justice with a Cinema Display!"

No doubt the iPhone screen differences will be something which is as noticeable as the alleged "gradient" on the twenty inch iMac. Something which I have never noticed and which thousands of others also seem to be happy to make do with.