Screen tear - video issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gui0312, Aug 22, 2016.

1. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Hi guys, I got this MacBook (1.2ghz, 512GB, 2016) about 2 weeks ago and have been noticing this sort of screen tearing, no idea what else to call it. It happens on the dock and on the side panel when opened, now when I take a screen shot, it doesn't show up so I took a picture with the iPhone (attached). I also noticed something odd today. It was sitting on the table and started flicking on to the login screen and back to sleep on its own, very quickly too. There was nothing touching the keys either. I do have Sierra installed.

Attached Files:

2. Frosties, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016

Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

BETA software! Just uninstall it now. It should not have this, could be a bug whatever, don't care to beta test operations systems if I am not paid. So nothing to procastrinate about. Uninstall. If it stays after running regular OS x, then send macbook back.

3. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

This looks to be an issue with graphics. This means, at least here in India, heat. No fan = far more heat. Sure, beta software could cause this, but you best get it checked up at your nearest Store.

4. MMonberg macrumors newbie

MMonberg

Same thing happend to me. Both the flickering and tearing. I'm also running Sierra and I'm pretty sure it's a beta problem. Haven't seen the problem after the last update.

5. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

I just installed the latest update and still see it. It's now showing up on the tabs for safari. I've noticed it happens more frequently when moving the cursor around. I might just take it back to Best Buy i need to get a price match anyway for 80.00 off if anyone else is interested this week.

6. JTToft macrumors 68040

It's a software thing. Are you quite sure it doesn't show in screenshots?

7. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

Positive. I took numerous screen shots.