Screen tearing while in iTunes?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dylanbrown, Sep 13, 2008.

1. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

I don't know if that is the correct term, but when I'm in iTunes, watching a standard-def (Large) TV Show, Podcast, Movie, or even when I'm in the new visualizer (Yes, I use it) I keep on getting screen tearing (When lines come on screen, as if the videos is too fast and the graphics can't keep up!)

I have never had this problem before in iTunes, I did thoug, however have this problem when I waswatching Joost, or VOD services on my Windows virtualized machine.

I did speak to a Genius (About 2 months ago) about the problems above (Not iTunes probelms) and they said it was normal, and also graphics cards that are in all Mac's are not fully optimized for the machines they're in. Although, at that time I was not having the problem with iTunes at that time, and this has only just happened today.

I am using a MacBook (Specs below), which was purchased before the 2008 February update.

I am going to be going to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store (Well, a not so local 80 miles away!) As I am having problems with Apple-own apps craching within minutes of being opened (Before you give me tips on how to resolve this issue, i have reinstalled Mac OSX twice [1 Archived and 1 full] and have erinstalled iLife 6 times!)

It's still under a one year Apple warranty, after that, I have another 1 year with the John Lewis Parternship Store I purchased it from.

What would you suggest?

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

I don't know if this is an option, but one way to fix it is to tell it to "Wait for v-sync" or vertical sync.

3. dylanbrown thread starter macrumors 6502