Screen temperature on 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MartinGuitar, Dec 15, 2013.

1. MartinGuitar macrumors newbie

I have heard that Apple has adopted a "warmer" hue to the 5/5s when compared to the 4/4s (and earlier). I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5s, and while I love it, I am having trouble getting used to the warmer tones. I notice that when both phones are in sleep mode, when put together side-by-side, the 4 has an ever-so-slight blue tint to it, while the 5s seems to have a red/maroon tint to it. To my eye, the 4 seems to resemble a more neutral hue than the 5s.

Can anyone who has been in my shoes (4s [or earlier] upgraded to 5s) weigh in on this? I went to the Apple store and was essentially told "get over it" (although I was simply asking them about it)

I have been using the device for about a week and I still have not really gotten used to it. Is swapping it out worth it? Or are all the 5s models this way?

Thanks. I know this has been discussed before, but I still keep seeing conflicting reports.

2. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I think that is on all iPhone 5s I do agree the blue color is better but that's just the type of screen they use. It isn't a defect so I doubt apple would do anything... Just as they did not when u went

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

Nope!

Happens every year. People said the 3G had a warmer temp. Then the good screens came back. Then the 3GS had a warmer temp and so on. When the 4S came out everyone said it had a warmer temp. Yet somehow we now have a bunch of cool 4S phones to compare the 5 and 5S to. Oh yeah, everyone said the 5 was warmer too.

So what's the deal? It's defective screens that apple hopes customers will accept. I'm typing this from a beautiful clear cool 5S screen.

Take. It. Back. And don't put up with this lax qc form apple.

4. MartinGuitar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I went to the Apple store once and was too passive about the problem. I thought I could get used to it but I really can't.

5. SONiC5 macrumors regular

I don't know about everyone else, but my 4S was very warm, my 5S looks neutral in comparison.