Screen Tiling on i5 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iCRUNCH, Jan 1, 2011.

1. iCRUNCH macrumors newbie

I've had the laptop about a month and get this tiling problem when I stream from ESPN 3 or Pandora, and have Facebook open, have Mail open, and two or three other tabs (forums etc.) I know I'm putting a strain on the graphics, but not sure if this is normal. I have 4 gb ram, should I upgrade or is the graphics card garbage.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6117/tiles.png
    [​IMG]

2. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

3. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

I've had this happen to me once when i was using GFX but then i got rid of it and it went back to normal and haven't had any issues. It may be just a glitch in the card switching.

4. iCRUNCH thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I downloaded the file and am using the NVIDIA Only setting. We'll see how that works!:)

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

also turn off graphics card switching, if you need less power switch to intel graphics if you need more switch the nvidia...apple should really fix the graphics card switcher :/

6. Detrius macrumors 68000

That's an exceptionally interesting image. The interesting part to me is that the distortion is happening behind the menu bar, which means it's happening on one software layer and not another. In turn, this means it could theoretically just be a software problem.