screen times out before any app opens

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by oftheheavens, Jun 7, 2015.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

today I have begun having a problem that I have had previously but now it is on every app, every time. My screen times out while trying to open it. Weather, runeblade, really anything apple or otherwise. The weather on the watch is near pointless except for the complication on the face. I can take out my phone and google the weather before it comes up on the watch (although I don't "google" the weather, just saying) while also needing to wake up the screen at least once before the daily weather is displayed.

anyone else?

2. albertsw macrumors regular

Yeah its like that for me too a lot of the time. Sometimes weather opens instantly but other rimes the screen falls asleep first. The watch is still a brand new product so I expect a lot of issues like this will be fixed before too long.

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Yeah same for me all the time... improved somewhat on 1.0.1 I think... hoping for more improvements with later updates. I pretty much just use the watch, complications, and notifications.

4. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

Hopefully in a future OS update there will be the ability to change the screen timeout time. Also, maybe they will make the screen stay on until the app has fully loaded, or at least an option for those of us who aren't concerned about battery life.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Yes. Because none of the apps other then the native apps by Apple run as an extension of your iPhone, they will be slightly slower then the stock apps. Tomorrow Apple will release alongside iOS 9 the Apple Watch SDK, which will allow developers create/ change their already existing extensions to native apps to run directly from the watch.

6. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

pretty sure weather is native.

7. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Weather is native. Some apps including weather use the Wi-Fi and bluetooth to download the data. Because Weather is native, it should launch somewhat faster then your third-party apps.

8. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

In my original post I specifically mentioned this was happening to weather and that was what actually caused me to post this. I am assuming you read the title and posted away but I could be wrong.