Screen Turns Black Have To Reset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pro3g, Nov 3, 2008.

1. pro3g macrumors member

Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes my phone just totally goes black it still works because if you call it the phone rings but you just can see anything on the screen I then hold down the buttons on the phone intill the apple logo comes on the screen and resets the phone and then it is fine again.

This has happened a few times now and not sure what is causing this has anyone else had this issue?

2. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

I have had the same issue happen to me just once. I was using the phone one minute and put it in my pocket, I pulled it out and hit the home button and the screen was entirely black. I tried hitting the sleep/wake button and nothing happened. I even toggled the ring/silent/vibrate switch and the phone didnt even vibrate when the phone was switched to vibrate. I had to hold down the home button and the sleep wake button for like 5-10 seconds and let it reset, and then the phone came back to normal.
    I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue and if I need to look into a replacement from Apple?

3. trajansburton macrumors newbie

I have a 1st Generation iPhone and it does this more than daily. Sometimes more than once in a minute seriously!!!!

4. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I also have this problem more then once a day, 1st gen, latest firmware, its been going on for bloody ages, such a pain in the arse!

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

This happened to my iPod touch. Probably just a bug. I restored it just recently and it hasn't happened yet.