iPad Screen turns blank in Safari

Discussion in 'iPad' started by laudern, Feb 4, 2015.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

Does anyone else have this glitch?

When I am scrolling in safari if I scroll then keep my finger on the screen, the top half or bottom half of the webpage turns blank. And then as soon as I take my finger off the screen, the image comes back.

2. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Yes. Annoying, isn't it? I'm perplexed that obvious visual bugs like this aren't caught before or during beta.

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah the slop in iOS 8 for iPad is unbelievable. It's not so bad on the iPad Air 2 since UI lag is less prevalent due to the really powerful A8X chip (double the RAM, double the GPU cores, and an extra CPU core, on top of that, higher clock speed) but on A7 iPads iOS 8 is horrendous in the UI performance department.

Anyway, I have this issue with Safari a lot. Sometimes it's like portions of the page, not just like a half of it, like the bottom left quarter of the screen or something. It's quite annoying, but I deal with it, just waiting for a bug fix if that ever happens. Sometimes it feels like Apple doesn't care about the state of iOS for iPad at all.

Another issue I have is that sometimes a webpage loads, but for some reason the whole thing is white. Turns out, I'm scrolled up to a portion above the webpage and can't see anything. So I'm left there for a long time wondering why the webpage is loading so slow when it already is loaded, I just can't see it. As soon as I touch the screen it scrolls down to the appropriate place.

I'm amazed at how this stuff made it into public versions of iOS 8 as well. :confused: Looking at how 8.2/8.3 are mainly feature based, let's hope that iOS 9 is an "OS X Snow Leapard" release as suggested by the sources for 9to5Mac.