screen un-eveness...what would you do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gonnabuyamac, Feb 6, 2008.

1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

ok.. so i just got the third new screen put on my 2 month old macbook pro. i actually liked the screen i had last time, but the backlight was all screwed up and it kept flickering.

so, now i have this.
    [​IMG]

Do you see what I'm saying about it being uneven, or am I just being picky?

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Can you take the picture farther away because I dont see anything.

3. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

wow... maybe i'm picky. look about a 1/3 of the way in from the right and notice the darker area that goes up from the bottom.

4. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

It definitely looks darker over there, you're right.

I don't think it is all that bad, is it noticeable to you on a regular basis when you're not staring at a white background?

5. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not super bad. just annoying that it's a 'pro' machine and the screen is worse than a regular 3 year old vaio.

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

7. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

If it bothers you, get it serviced. You're well within your warranty period, so go for it :)

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

I'd complain, unless your camera exagerrates it :p

9. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

nope, that's pretty accurate.

10. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Complain and complain some more. I went through 4 screens at the "repair" place. Don't be fooled. The screens at these "repair depots" are generally from older production runs (from what I've had). This screen I'm using now is a samsung with horrid yellowing at the bottom. They've replaced the hard drive in this machine as well.

All 3 screens that i have gotten back from apple all introduced a new a problem, or had the same problem but worse. :confused:

Called applecare, complained - they understood and I am now shipping this MBP out and getting a brand spanking new one in the mail in 5-6 days.

Apple has the best customer service I've ever seen, just not the best repair services. :D