Screen unresponsive in landscape mode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by PBGamer89, Oct 9, 2014.

1. PBGamer89 macrumors member

I'm not sure if this is due to iOS8 or iPhone 6, but i've noticed that sometimes, I'll play an app or game that works only in landscape mode (for example, Hay Day) and the screen becomes unresponsive when i'm holding my phone in landscape mode but once I turn my phone to portrait mode (even though the game is still on in landscape mode), it becomes responsive.

It does this a solid 80% of the time. Anyone else having this problem?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I noticed this in google when searching images, the 3 little dots that allow you to view th full screen image is not responsive in landscape all the time in portrait its responsive all the time

3. eee36 macrumors newbie

Same here, tried it with two iPhone 6 units. Seems like the phone won't stay in landscape mode when switching screens/apps. I'm banking on it being a software issue and hope that they fix it in 8.1 or something because it's absolutely annoying. Sucks having to turn the phone to portrait mode then back to landscape just to get the screen to work!

4. Diana Prince macrumors member

Diana Prince

I am extremely frustrated by this rotation bug. I hope the betas they have out address this issue. I have never seen a more buggy version of iOS. It's infringing on my ability to enjoy my new phone. :(

5. iFalcon macrumors regular

I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread or not.

I have an iPhone 5 with 8.02 and I've noticed mail will get stuck in landscape mode sometimes. I believe it's happened a few times in Safari, but more often with mail. Rotating the phone back and forth a couple of times puts in back in portrait mode.

Anyone else encounter this?

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

All the time for me unfortuenly. iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2. I notice it mainly happen when playing back video from any source when the phone is in landscape. It's really annoying because of the way the iOS YouTube app buffers, when you exit the app and return it can cause issues from no video, to buffering, etc. Really annoying. I already left feedback with Apple. I hope this is fixed soon.

Click here to leave a bug report for Apple.

7. okwhatev macrumors 6502

As I've said before (and will say again) this is absolutely an unacceptable and frankly ridiculous bug. The screen should NEVER go unresponsive in the middle of typing. Ever. For any reason. No version of iOS that I can think has ever had such a horrible problem even in the Betas, much less the GMs!!! It's the worst thing about my new 6. It literally frustrates me all day long every day

8. johnc22 macrumors 6502

I just experienced this with Angry Birds. Restarting the app fixed the problem at least within the app.

9. Motawa macrumors 6502

need a hug? :(

10. okwhatev macrumors 6502

Apple needs to do their job and release working software for their flagship product.