screen vertical bands?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kha, Apr 6, 2008.

1. kha macrumors member

today i woke up my macbook pro penryn 15" from sleep and noticed an array of vertical blurry bands on the bottom of the screen going across the entire length of the lcd. paranoid, i rebooted and it was gone!?

what was this? is this a problem to be worried about?

2. mayassa macrumors regular

I've seen this in another tread take a picture next time then send it off to get fixed.

3. fleeze69 macrumors newbie

Hi, I had the same problem as you on my Glossy Macbook Pro (Penryn 2.5ghz) and called Apple who replaced it with a new one, which has the exact same problem, I called Apple who say they are sending me a 3rd laptop, but my fear is that this will be the same. I feel like telling them to forget it, but you don't pay £1600 for a laptop with a dodgy screen, and if I don't get it sorted who's saying what will happen in the future to it.

4. fleeze69 macrumors newbie

5. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

People... PLEASE search. SEARCH BEFORE you post. You will find a very useful thread on this. Basically it appears to be a software/firmware issue affecting ALL MBPs right now. It appears rarely and can be duplicated to appear. Stop sending them in for replacement... wanna guess why we pay 2K for a MBP? yeah... Just sit tight on an update fix. After a sleep or reboot the problem is gone...this does not affect your experience

6. acarle208 macrumors member

Are they acknowledging the problem?

7. kha thread starter macrumors member

1+

8. drog macrumors newbie

I just replaced a 2nd MBP with this issue and the manager in store claimed he had never heard the issue and made it seem like I was the only one who brought one back making that claim... they replaced it with no hassle, but didn't acknowledge that it is a common issue.

9. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I've honestly not seen this in my 07' SR MBP 15"....

10. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I think it's only related to the new Penryns as I have only seen posts about those. Doesn't mean that the whole line cannot be affected though.