Screen video capture for a specific window.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theofficialjuan, Sep 3, 2012.

1. theofficialjuan macrumors newbie

Hello, do you guys know if some sort of screen capture for a specific window of the desktop exists?

What I want is to record an online course, but I want to do that while I use my computer. So I would really need some software that captures a single window (even if it is in the background), while I use other windows, and work. Otherwise I would have to wait like an hour or so to use my computer, while the thing is recording a live stream or something like that.

It'll be really useful if the video has good quality, and it is essential that it records audio too.

Am I asking for some godly software that doesn't even exists yet? :confused:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Check out Camtasia 2
    I know you can select the area you want to record

3. Lucky555 macrumors newbie

I have tried all screen recorders. screen flow which is the most expensive does not contain this feature to record a specific window. The best one that i currently use is the IShowHD pro http://www.shinywhitebox.com/ishowu-hd/ and there is also in the mac app store, reasonable price and great app at all