Screen Wake Lag Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RichardC300, Feb 7, 2017.

1. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

When I open my 2016 nTB MBP from sleep, the screen will stay off for 3-5 seconds before turning on. I believe the macbook immediately wakes from sleep but the screen just takes a while to actually turn on, because I can type my password and hit enter while the screen is still off, and I will be logged in when it finally comes on.

This is a different behavior than my pervious 2011 15" MBP, where the screen came on before I finished lifting my lid up. I've tried resetting the PRAM and SMC without success. Is anybody familiar with a why this is happening and a possible solution?

2. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Mine does this as well. I haven't given much energy to find out why. More than likely its a software bug.

3. RichardC300 thread starter macrumors 65816

RichardC300

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...or-a-retina-macbook-pro-to-wake-up-from-sleep

Apparently, it's related to a deep sleep/hibernation/standby function that was introduced with the 2012-2015 rMBP's. I never had the rMBP, so I never knew this happened.

I haven't put any effort into this issue yet, but I'm thinking I just might turn off the standby function or extend it from 1 hour to 24 hours so it's not so annoying every morning and every time I leave it for a few hours.