screen weirdness since update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by paulold, Feb 10, 2010.

1. paulold macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if I can describe this well enough but I've been noticing something odd going on with my iPhone since updating last.

Normally, whenever I open an app or close one, there's animation that makes it look like the app is growing to fit the screen or shrinking when you close it. Sortof a fadein/out thing. But now what happens when I open an app is the the home screen of app icons shrinks slightly before it disappears and then the app grows too big slightly and has to shrink back down to fit the screen properly. Same thing happens when I close an app. The home screen of app icons appears, grows a little too big and settles back to the right size. I really don't remember it doing this. It's subtle but I think it's clear that something is not right. I might be able to make a video of it.

I've tried restarting my phone with no change. It's very consistent - happens all the time. It's kinda like when you are setting the image size on a tv or a monitor and you twist the nob and go too far so you have to turn it back to get it just right.

I'm also pretty sure I once saw the whole image of the Contacts app move as I was looking up a contact. It was like my scrolling didn't move the list of contacts like normal but instead moved the whole image slightly to the left and it bounced back. That one is harder to reproduce.

Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Btw, I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB that I got on the first day it was released.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Sounds like you have accessibility features turned on and you accidentally zoomed the screen in a little bit. You might wanna check that in your settings app. I believe zooming is a 3 finger double tap or something crazy like that. Good luck.

3. paulold thread starter macrumors 6502

Brilliant! Thank you - that's what it was. I do use the three finger tap to help me see sometimes. I tapped on the home screen and saw it fix itself slightly and now things are back to normal. Never would have thought of that. Thanks!