screen went black. recover?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jscarf, Jan 24, 2012.

1. jscarf macrumors newbie

Hey,
    So, I feel like I'm going to get the phone book on this one, but I've got to ask.

I've got a 2010 MBP on 10.6.8.

I was running pages and final draft when my screen went black and was unrecoverable. I chose to unplug it and let the battery drain hoping it would save my work but that wasn't the case.

Is there any possible way I can recover my documents as they were before the freeze? I'm just hoping for a prayer here. As far as the freeze, what I understand is it might be the inverter cable(?)

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

unlikely, i think AutoSave was a new feature in Lion which you do not have

3. jscarf thread starter macrumors newbie

I have it for Final Draft but I turned it off, like a dummy, because I was unsure of some changes. I'm sure of them now, (that they're gone), and really freaking regretting turning it off.

So, no way to return to a previous state, then...?
    This isn't the first time this has happened.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no its not the first time its happened, im sure becasue its happened before is part of the reason they made AutoSave a new feature

5. jscarf thread starter macrumors newbie

I found an article by one guy who said, on his old mac, he used macsbug to recover some document files. I understand Macsbug isn't compatible with OSX but is there a comparable program that may help me? I understand Xcode is similar but I'm about out of my depth here

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well not sure but there is such as thing as recovering files accidently deleted from your trash, but since you never saved this file im not sure its recoverable since essentially it never exisited

7. jscarf thread starter macrumors newbie

alright, well it's a lesson learned. i usually take screenshots if i'm making changes but for some reason...

Thanks for your help