Screen went bright red then phone reset

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cheekyjeremy, Jul 31, 2013.

1. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

As with the previous beta's, every once in a while the phone will just reset itself. Usually I'll be in the middle of something and all of a sudden it's the big white apple logo. It's probably happened 3-4 times over the course of each beta.

Today however, the entire screen went red, flickered, then the red kind of dissolved from center of the screen outwards, and then the phone reset.

No idea what it means, why it happened, and don't care too much, but wanted to share it to see if anyone else had it or similar. Not sure how to report that properly

iPhone 5 - Beta4

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're a dev, can you report the bug?

Did you install the beta after a restore (fresh intsall) or was that an OTA update from beta 3?

3. cheekyjeremy thread starter macrumors regular

Was OTA from Beta3. While I do have a developer account, I am not currently developing anything

4. randy10786 macrumors newbie

I OTA'd from beta 3 and have had this happen a couple times already. Yesterday, I reset all settings and network and did a hard reset(holding the sleep and home button together til the Apple logo appears) and it hasn't happened since, but if it does I'll prob just go ahead and do a fresh install of beta 4. Only problem I've had so far.