Screen went dark in bright light

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jumpman2033, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I did a quick search and didn't find any similar posts (if i missed one, please point me in the right direction). I was outside in the bright light/heat, and after a little while my screen went very very dim/dark and i don't know why. Any ideas?

2. cirial macrumors regular

It does that right before the screen locks...

3. Jumpman2033 thread starter macrumors regular

I know that, haha. I was actually using the phone (touching the screen) and it dimmed a lot and stayed that way until i went inside the house. I don't know if it was starting to overheat from being in very humid mid to upper 80 degree F weather, or if it was just the bright light. It is rare that i use my phone in these conditions and it has never happened before.

4. DaveAmbler macrumors member

DaveAmbler

You tried turning off Automatic Brightness level in the settings?

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Actually the iphone4 have auto brightness problem totally opposite from yours, if you expose the phone to bright light source, auto brightness will function correctly and up the brightness, problem is when you bring it back to indoor or dark area, auto brightness will not lower the brightness.