screen won't turn on?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by beccajk, Jul 19, 2008.

1. beccajk macrumors newbie

hey guys! i am having a bit of an issue with my new macbook. I just got it about three weeks ago and it's been working really well so far.. well except now the screen stays black like it wont turn on when i "wake it up" from sleep mode. I was using my book just surfing the net.. put it to sleep then about 45 minutes later, tried using it again and i thought it wasn't on at all, but then i realized it WAS on because it was hot and i could hear the fans running when i put my ear up to the keyboard.

now, im new to macs and am pretty computer-stupid anyway. basically the only thing i've tried is pushing the on-off button and pressed random buttons on the keyboard. really now, im clueless.

anyway, if any of you have any suggestions as to what I should do i'd really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

2. cMacSW macrumors regular

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Did you try removing the power cable and the battery, waiting for about 24 hours and then switching it on again? I'll say right here I doubt it'll help any though it's worth a shot before you bring it back into the store.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Instead of pushing the on/off button, try holding it down to turn off the computer. Wait a minute and then turn it on.

If it still doesn't respond, bring it to the store. Also, once your computer is OK make sure to back-up if you don't already.

5. Denali9 macrumors member

Have you tried adjusting the brightness? Pretty basic but you never know... (F3 on macbook if i remember correctly)

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you update the software? You should.

Have you tried closing lid, wait 30 seconds and open the lid again?

As to Apple Care, you can call them or make appointment with Genius Bar with your local store.

USELESS ADVICE: 24 hours without battery

7. beccajk thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek:

hi guys, thanks for you advice and input. I dont know what was up with my little book, but the next morning, my brother turned it on no problem. it was probably just rebelling against me. angsty little computer! lol.