screen won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by turtlebud, Nov 23, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

I had some odd behavior from my ipod touch today. It was working fine w/ over 50% battery remaining. Then when I went to turn it on again, it wouldn't turn on. Specifically the screen stayed dark when I pushed the home button and/or the power button. I even held down the power button in hopes of seeing a power off option, but no luck.

I plugged it in when I got home to a charging station and the screen appeared again. I was able to use it for a little while and turned off the screen. Then when I came back to use it again, the screen was black again. I tried to stick it in the charger again (my logitch pure-fi anywhere2) but no luck this time. So I connected it to my mac which was powered on and again, no luck. It did, however, show up on itunes, so I know that it is working, but for some reason the screen just didn't want to turn it on.

As a last resort, I restored the ipod touch after backing it up and that seemed to resolve the problem (at least for now). I did not hold the power & home button until it reset - I forgot about that option.

My question is - what happened? Does this mean there may be something wrong with my screen or was it simply a software issue?

2. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I had a similar problem this morning. Last night I turned the brightness way down low, and then when I turned it on this morning and tried to set it at normal brightness it wouldn't respond. I turned it off and on a few times and it still didn't work right. After a few minutes of trying to slide the brightness button to the right it finally responded to normal brightness. BTW, the battery had a full charge. This is the first real problem I have had with the touch, but it happened the day after I installed the upgrade.

3. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Same thing happened to me. I just restored and it was fine