Screen won't work but everything else does - help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cwhittin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cwhittin macrumors newbie

Last night I spilled orange juice on my counter and some got on my macbook pro, not much, but some. I wiped the liquid off, and the computer was still on working 100%. Then, my boyfriend used my computer and he said that the screen got really bright and then it just shut off. We tried to turn the computer off and then reboot it, but the screen just stays black. I don't understand what is going on since the computer still emits light (think black screen, but lit up), get's dimmer/brighter upon covering or uncovering the camera lens, plays music, the works. The only part that doesn't work is the picture on the screen. What can I do about this? What went wrong? Please help!

2. theman macrumors 6502a

Hold on, have you tried holding down the power button to turn it off, and the starting it again? What happens when it boots up, do you get the startup sound, but the screen is still black?

3. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Try plugging it into an external monitor. That way you can see if its a connection problem to the LCD, or something wrong on your logic board where it doesn't display images like it's supposed to.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Turn it off, remove the battery, let it dry for a few days.

There might still be some liquid in the mac, and by keeping it running and moving it around, you might cause more damage.

After drying, you should probably open it and check if and where the juice has gone. Juice contains a lot of acid and should not remain there, even when dried.