Screen Wont work on Unlock scren cant use 123 789 keys

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ivenus, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ivenus macrumors member

So my Partners phone wont work on the unlock screen; his 123 789 keys wont work; does anyone know how to fix this problem but not useing a restore?

PRE-info
    His phone went into Safe mode because of a APP and it crashed his phone and went into safe mode; from there he did a Hold Home and Power and did a reset; and now this is the problem he cant put in his password.

Also idk if this helps but he had a "Clear lock screen" Or something of that short so it did alter the "slide to unlock" But im not sure if this is the case he cant even get into Cydia to uninstall it if that is the case

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Restore maybe your only option. I'm curious, why would you not want to do a restore?:confused:

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If they have a 3GS, the only way to restore to 3.1.2 is if they have their SHSH stored in Cydia

No jailbreak for 3GS on new 3.1.3 firmware.

4. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

He has not backed it up in a while; Also he wants to KEEP 3.1.2 and his phone is also Unlocked for T-Mobile

5. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

He used BlackRa1n on his 3.1.2 3G and then unlocked with BlackSn0w

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's right, now I get it. I've never been in that predicament; yet....:eek:

7. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I read in another thread that you can call the phone, answer it, and then when you hang up you will be on the home screen where you can get to whatever you need to get to.

8. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

9. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Just restore to 3.1.2, yeah sucks for him, but should back it up more often.

10. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

11. g2tegg macrumors member

I have the same problem from time to time as well. When my screen is locked there seems to be "dead zones" on the screen and I cant type my unlock code. I have even had it during normal use and cant select certain icons.
    The best temporary solution is install GPower (found in Cydia although I dont remember the repository). If it happens and you cant type your unlock code hold the power button and you will now have 3 options. Slide to power down, restart, and respring. Just respring your phone and your back to normal.

12. Pared macrumors 65816

Restart in DFU mode and find a copy of the 3.1.2 firmware.

Why wouldn't he be able to do this? Especially if he has his workstation disconnected from the internet.

13. idevSteve macrumors member

You must be connected to the internet in order to restore. iTunes checks the firmware.