screen would not calibrate, had to but new phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gharvell, May 28, 2015.

1. gharvell macrumors member

Have a question. I took my iPhone 6 plus to an apple store to have the screen replaced due to a crack. When they brought it back to me they said I needed to buy a new phone since the glass / screen has to be calibrated to the phone. They said mine would not calibrate. They showed me my phone with various colored lines, a graph basically, which of course I had no idea what they were showing me.
    That just seems a little suspect to me.
    Please advise

should have been BUY not but...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If this wasn't warranty work, and it was being done as a paid outside of warranty repair, then what they did is about right, and usually they have to let you know of it being a possibility before they take on the repair. Unfortunately that happens, as various users have posted similar stories before.

However, if this was warranty work, it seems to me that they should replace the phone themselves--they are doing the warranty repair, and if the repair doesn't work out, it should be their responsibility to instead replace the phone under warranty (for free, unless your phone is out of warranty, but with the iPhone 6 it shouldn't be the case yet).