Screen Yellow to Red tint issue. Please advise.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noreception, Nov 13, 2014.

1. noreception macrumors newbie

Hi.

A little back info on this case. I replaced a MBPr a week ago as they had done a repair on the screen and it had massive light leakage issues. The replacement has a Yellow to Red tint across the screen. Is this a calibration issue or a inherent issue with manufacturing? It's a LG screen.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any resolutions?

Attached Files:

2. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

I don't know who originally replaced the screen, but if it was Apple, simply take it back. Simple as that.

3. noreception, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

noreception thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple replaced the screen but that screen was even worse than the one you're looking at.

It's more so a question of if I'm being irrational with my expectations.

This computer is the one that was replaced after I returned the one with the replaced screen.

4. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

I replaced it 3 times since I got a "refurb" one (in truth it was an out-of-the-box exposed a couple of weeks on a retail store).

I could keep replacing it, but actually it was becoming an unhealthy habit to me. I preferred accepting the uneven yellowing. I'll buy Apple Care before the 1-year warranty expires. Maybe later I'll have more energy to enter a new round of the screen lottery.

5. noreception thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, to meet someone who understands! It's been such a terrible experience... Back and fort, backing up data, checking the screen. It's the first time I've ever considered OCD as an issue.

And I can agree with you, it's become unhealthy for me to keep dealing with it. Expecting different results.

I just replaced it for another one so I'm going to go check it out. I'm also going to write to apple and complain..

6. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

This is usually the case. Try exchanging once more. The uneven yellowing is "normal". It's distracting for reading or webdesigning, but a lot of rMBP owners use their computers mostly for gaming or watching movies, so this problem can be never noted.