screen yellowing after update?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by troutweed, Jul 6, 2011.

1. troutweed macrumors member

I have looked for this elsewhere and can't find a previous reference.

I have a 27" iMac 11.1 (2.8GHz) with an Eizo 22" as a second monitor. I have Eye-One calibrated the Eizo to exactly our print output (magazine publishing) and then used the Eye-One to calibrate the iMac to match the Eizo as closely as possible. I got them looking pretty similar.

Here's the thing...

I just did a software update (OSX security) which required a restart. On restart the screen is a different colour to before, distinctly more yellow. I can choose a different colour profile in System Preferences, some of which look quite blue.

Any ideas whether this is a sudden hardware failure (GPU?), or perhaps a corruption of my calibrated profile has happened?

Anyone else had the yellowing kick-in after a restart or upgrade? The screen has been perfect for over a year.

2. Scarrus macrumors regular

Probably Steve thought the new coloring does better for users as it looks amazing and nobody should go without it.

3. troutweed thread starter macrumors member

Yeah well, I was feeling a bit left out, being the only guy in the world that was happy with his 27". That fixed that!:mad:

Got my eye-one back from loan now. Will try that first.