Screen zoom issues (2012 13" Macbook Pro)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mkmDesign, Apr 7, 2012.

1. mkmDesign macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I'm having a small issue with the screen zoom feature in the latest version of OS X (10.7.3).

Whenever I use this feature, the entire screen color changes to multiple colors (I tried taking a screen grab to show you all but it doesn't work). It's kind of like all the pixels just change to a bright color. I've noticed that it also sometimes does it when I view videos full screen, although not always. The very strange thing is that this only happens when it is not connected to my external monitor. As soon as I connect it to my monitor (via a mini display port to HDMI cable) everything works fine.

I did actually take it to an Apple store today and after a few tests, we found that it only affects my login account. We setup a test account and everything worked OK. The guy at the store also booted a clean version of OS X from one of their servers and again, all was OK. So we know it's not a hardware issue or even a system wide software issue, but we still don't know what is causing this.

Apple said it's probably down to a particular user setting that just needs reset, but as this could be one of many, they suggested that I just reinstall. This isn't actually causing me a problem at the moment as I currently have it constantly connected to my monitor so I'm not going to bother with a reinstall now but I was just wondering if anybody has experienced this before? Or may know the cause of the issue?

Cheers,

Martyn

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Is this in a browser, or anywhere on the OS? Have you tried changing your colour profile?

3. mkmDesign thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not application specific, it happens everywhere. I did try different color profiles (sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original post) without any joy.