Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mellowguy91, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mellowguy91 macrumors newbie

Had a quick question. What if I lift my mac pro by the screen? I mean I didn't completely lift it all the way up where the bottom was not being supported by something. Like I didn't just pick it up by the screen and let the bottom of the computer just hang about. I just needed to rotate at a different angle. Any damage done to it like the hinges or anything for the display? Thanks guys!

2. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

i rarely do this and try to always just move the body once i can.Nothing happened i'm sure now GO MAKE ME A SAMMICH!

3. KazeKrazy macrumors member

KazeKrazy

Shouldn't have done any damage, just try and refrain from lifting it that way.

4. mellowguy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Trust me, It just happend by accident. I'm just OCD about treating it the right way. Even when the repair center fixes another macbook's display, don't they put stress on the hinges and assembly and fix it in weird angles or hold it by the screen?

----------

What if I do lift the computer by the screen without anything on the bottom supporting it by accident one time? As long as I don't jerk the screen as if it was going to snap, should it be fine? Aren't the hinges strong?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

You truly are OCD.

You're fine, really. I've manhandled my nearly 4 year old MBP numerous times and I've never had any problems with it.