Screenflow or Camtasia

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trackbikes, Apr 14, 2011.

1. trackbikes macrumors regular

I create lots of screen capture videos , and on my PC I use Camtasia.

My New mac gets delivered tomorrow, Is screenflow considered to be better than camtasia? Or should i stick with camtasia?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

4. trackbikes thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, any particular reason why it's preferable ?

5. trackbikes thread starter macrumors regular

Ok time to answer my own question....

I've been running screenflow and camtasia side by side for a few days now and in my opinion Camtasia is better. At least for my uses.

I create 3 or 4 mp4 screen capture videos a day and I found the the fact that camtasia outputs in mp4 format is a huge benefit. I did find a workaround in screenflow by outputting as mv4 but MP4 SHOULD be an option in screenflow.

Having worked with camtasia on a pc for a couple of years I have to say that I actually prefer the pc version to both of them, it just seems to have more features and better usability. The last may change when i get used to them both a bit more.

6. Dman91 macrumors member

Hello guys

sorry I know this threat is a bit old but had a question about screen captering in a mac

I used Camtasia studio for screen capture for a while on my pc, but I recently bougt a 2011 2.2 ghz macbook pro, and since I WAS used to camtasia I installed the mac version , but when i export the video file it becomes very bluryy evne thoug I have set quality to Best , 1280x720 HD and tried varaity of formats, mp4 , avi , quicktime. quick time was a bit better, but still blurry compared to my actuall screen resulotion, i didn't have this problem with my pc, the output video was exactly like my screnn.

any advice ?

Thanks in advance :)