ScreenGuardz Pure Glass vs SGP GLAS.t Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by No Regrets, Oct 5, 2012.

1. No Regrets macrumors regular

I have ordered the SGP Satin White Snow Series bumper case for my white iPhone 5 and thought that I should also get one of these glass screen protectors as well.

I have received an email from SGP confirming that their GLAS.t will fit correctly with the Snow Series.....I am hoping that the Pure Glass ScreenGuardz would too.

Any comments between the two glass protectors that you can share?

Also, are they both dry installs?
    Can they both be removed without causing any damage to the iphone screen?

Thanks much!

2. tokiidokii macrumors regular

i don't have any experience with bodyguardz pure but i did get my glas.t the this past monday and i LOVE IT! hands down the BEST screen protector i've ever used.

it is a dry install but it's not a 'static' cling or w/e like the regular protectors. it said it uses a silicon base adhesive that won't mess up your screen. now i really love this screen protector but there are things that people will consider as negatives.

for starters, the protector is thick so once applied, you will def notice the recessed hole for the home button. i thought i wouldn't like this but tbh, i've grown to accept it. it's actually a nice, fast way for you to feel for the home button (besides, the jelly button they provide felt weird to me).

secondly, the price. it is fairly expensive. glas.t cost me around 28 or 29 dollars. bodyguardz pure cost even more at 40. however, there's a thread here that provides 50% off codes for bodyguardz items so you can get the pure for 20 dollars and add in the free 'advantage program' and you'll be able to get a replacement pure (if you mess up or w/e) for i think 14 bucks? overall, i think bodyguardz is the better deal if you can get a 50% off code but again, i don't know how good the pure is. i'm assuming it's at least as good as glas.t.

and lastly, the install, i think, is where people's biggest gripe lies. i did get a flawless install after careful planning but i've seen vids online and threads here saying that their install came out fairly bad... dust, and hair under the screen and sometimes they end up scrapping the protector because they tried to clean the dust after installing only to dirty the adhesive even more. i have to say the install is def not for the faint of heart. you really have to plan carefully (used the hinge method for the very first time... it's on youtube) and be very diligent in making sure there are no dust on the screen at all (i used those canned air dusters constantly).

i use the speck candyshell and it really is a perfect fit! the lip is enough to still give you that lay on table aspect.

anyway, i don't think i'll ever go back to regular screen protectors after trying glas.t. i just wish it was a little thinner, chaper and 'easier' to install but overall, VERY HAPPY with the product. oh did i mention that the olio-phobic quality is phenomenal??? seriously i think it's better than the naked iphone. it's like a fingerprint repellant! and the clarity is top notch as well!

3. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you tokiidokii for your wonderful reply! I'm would imagine they are both very similar, so I ended up ordering the Bodyguardz Pure Glass with the 50% off code that was provided in an earlier thread. That along with the free shipping and low cost replacements is what brought me over to their side of the fence.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me of your experiences though as it is much appreciated.