Screenprotector for back necessary when using a hardcase?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lqtran, Oct 21, 2012.

1. lqtran macrumors newbie

Yo,

been reading this forum for a while now. Read some stuff about most hardcases don't fit 100%, dust might get in there and that most of those cases can get you scratches on the back of your iphone. So do you guys think it's necessary to apply a screenprotector for the back of your phone while using a hardcase. I was thinking about getting the ultra thin air by Spigen SGP.

thanks!

2. Popsie macrumors member

I think so yes, i'm getting a Vaja Agenda LP,it is no hard case and it has protection (soft) inside, but i'll still put a back protector . Just in case... :)

3. dbo43867 macrumors member

If there are any cases that fit 100% they are in the minority. It would have to have some sort of seal or lip maybe from a soft material, maybe like the Switcheasy tones.

For almost every case, where there is an opening for the ports or silent switch, or not a full lip wrap around for the screen bezel dust will get back there. With my SGP Ultra Thin Air I have one mark on the back of my white iPhone from dust. It's not a scratch as much as a nick where the dust kinda bored into the Aluminum a little. I would do it to be safe. Companies like Incipio, SGP and Switcheasy offer a protector for the back on some of their cases- so that it doesn't scratch.

If you remove your phone from the case once a week or so to clean dust out, you'll probably be okay for the most part with only minor marring on the phone.