Screenrecycler Clipboard Sharing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by backward, Sep 18, 2011.

1. backward macrumors newbie

I'm running the Screenrecycler + JollysFastVNC trial and it is working well for extending the desktop onto another Apple computer. I'm wondering if it is possible to sync the clipboards so I can cut and paste from one computer to the other?

In JollysFastVNC, I see Past, Paste as Keystrokes as menubar options but they don't seem to do anything.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

You're kinda mixing Apples and er, other Apples.

ScreenRecycler makes the other Mac a display, NOT another computer. It's as if the computing function is off and all it's using is the display. So there's not much need to cut and paste back and forth, other than what you do with a TV attached to your computer. The commands you reference are a vestige of VNC's normal use: to control another computer's monitor. ScreenRecycler just cleverly circumvents that.

What you need is Abyssoft's Teleport. It's like a software KVM switch. It allows you to use one computer's mouse, keyboard and/or trackpad with another Mac, as well as a common clipboard. And you can move files back and forth too. It's not a second monitor, but a way to use a second computer with the same keyboard or other input device as another's. So, for example, you might be working on a separate Word document on each computer, just by moving the cursor from one computer's monitor to the other's, and cutting and pasting back and forth.

Rob

3. backward thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll give teleport a try.