Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

as4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
Anyone thats using the Screens app know how to set it up so it fills the whole iPad screen? I have black bars on top and bottom

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone thats using the Screens app know how to set it up so it fills the whole iPad screen? I have black bars on top and bottom
Screens is just showing you the remote screen; since most iPads are around a 4:3 aspect ratio and most computers are either 16:9 or 16:10 you'll have the black bars. If you change the remote computer's screen to use a resolution that's also a 4:3 ratio, you won't have the black bars.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You can pinch to zoom the screen. The black bars will go away but you'll only see a zoomed in portion of the Mac screen.

as4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
39c54224cf59d855c88d9671278b7e23.jpg

I also get the following when trying to remote in. Anyone else?

fadhilfirdausi

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Darmstadt, Germany
I have the same problem too. I know that because the resolution of ipad is 4:3, the mirrored screen would have black bar on the left and right side because it’s 16:9 or 16:10.

But the problem is, the black bar is also appearing on the TOP and BOTTOM side of the mirrored screen. I have try to mirrored it into my monitor and TV, both have the same problem. I have tried different cable, and the problem is still there.

I also have tried every picture format on the TV. 16:9, 14:9, 4:3, overscan off, all these settings I have tried and it didn’t solve the problem.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have the same problem too. I know that because the resolution of ipad is 4:3, the mirrored screen would have black bar on the left and right side because it’s 16:9 or 16:10.
This is a different issue than is being discussed in this thread. This thread is about the aspect ratio not matching when remotely connecting to a Mac or PC when using the app called Screens. You might get more interest by making a new thread and providing specific details about your TV model and how you're connected to it.

fadhilfirdausi

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Darmstadt, Germany
This is a different issue than is being discussed in this thread. This thread is about the aspect ratio not matching when remotely connecting to a Mac or PC when using the app called Screens. You might get more interest by making a new thread and providing specific details about your TV model and how you're connected to it.
Ah sorry, I thought it’s the same issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.