Screens at WWDC? LED's?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yagran, May 17, 2007.

1. yagran macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Im reaaaally wanting a 23" screen now. but is it likely they will update them at WWDC? what type of upgrades could they do? LED backlight? (what does that even mean for me?)

please reply with your thoughts. thanks

2. yagran thread starter macrumors 6502a

to clarify i did mean the apple 23" HD Display :p

3. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

I am curious about this as well. :confused: I am on the fence about purchasing a 23" ACD right now.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Definitely wait just 25 more days...they recently cut prices (possibly a sign of wanting to get rid of excess stock) and it has been a LONG time since a hardware update...

LED backlights are brighter, have cleared colours and withdraw less power.

With Leopard having resolution independence, it is possible that the resolution will increase.

If there is an update at WWDC, it will probably reduce the thickness of the displays. Other rumours include having a built-in iSight camera and even a touchscreen. Many people want a wider variety of ports, and even bigger displays. The display bezels now are looking kinda thick compared to those of competitors :)

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I believe Apple's official recommendation is if you want it buy it, if you don't want it, buy it anyway. :apple:

Seriously though, the displays might be updated at WWDC, but I doubt it. It probably won't be too terribly long until they update though, I'd say almost certainly before the end of the calendar year. If you want to wait to WWDC, I wouldn't blame you, but I doubt you'd have regrets if you bought now.

6. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

would the lower power consumption of LED's result in a smaller power brick at all? just out of curiousity! :)

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Not necessarily.

8. yagran thread starter macrumors 6502a

k thanks alot. i think i mite just wait it out, but hu knows, im very impatient haha.

9. yagran thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok i just phoned apple for a chat about the best price on a 23" screen, and then when he said ok would you like to order one now, i said erm..naaah ill wait until lafter WWDC, and he said AND I QUOTE HAND ON HEART, " Oh there isnt going to be any updates on displays i am sure" (slightly foriegn accent).

does he know or is he trying to get a sale?

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

1. He does not know.
    2. He isn't allowed to say that, and he just risked his job.

11. yagran thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. yagran thread starter macrumors 6502a

update, screeen arrives tommorow! woot woot, yagrans gettin sum screen space :D