Screens- Glossy vs Antiglare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Nov 15, 2013.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

What are the main viewing differences between the Glossy and the Antiglare screens?

I've always had glossy screens, and am wondering if an Antiglare screen would affect colors, print, etc.

Thank you

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Unfortunately Apple doesn't offer an anti-glare model any more. But if you're looking to buy a used cMBP, that would be my recommendation for the screen you should get (high-res anti-glare). I have one on my early 2011 15" MBP and it's a fantastic display to do work on.

3. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

in agreement with the above poster but I have the normal, simply couldn't find any in my budget on Craigslist with my specification requirements, highly recommend it though!

4. Beecker macrumors member

Beecker

I was really disappointed that they took it away. I understand that they are pushing the retina display and how beautiful it looks, but at least give it as an option for one MBP model.

5. howareyoukk macrumors regular

Get a refurbished macbook pro 15 with matt screen if u can. or just get the base model of the cmbp 15 and pay extra for the matt screen upgrade. Matt display is a MUST on laptop. My macbook pro 15 has a hi-res glossy display and the reflections on the screen is horrible when you use it outside. When i say outside, i mean classroom, university and office. You can barely see what is on your screen under those circumstances. I am planning on upgrading to matt screen next year, it will cost a bit money but i think the outcome will be worth it :)