Screens: MBP vs MB vs MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fishkorp, Feb 27, 2009.

1. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Just curious if there is a good comparison out there with the screens of each model. I had a unibody MB and wasn't happy with screen quality next to my wife's rev b MBA screen. That screen is beautiful. How does the new MBP screen compare?

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

If it didn't have the glass in front, it'd compare nicely. It is bright, backlight is fairly even, colors are good - it's just that damn stupid glass that hurts it. I had a MB and returned it because of the screen. Have Rev. A&B MBA and a unibody MBP.

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

The new MBP screen is on par with the Air's screen; both are much better than the MB.

4. fishkorp thread starter macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

That's what I needed to hear. Looks like I'll be getting a MBP. Thanks.

5. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

From what I have read, it goes somewhat like this
    MBP > MBA > MB
    I also read it could go like this, which is very sad
    Dell Mini 9 > MBP > ...

7. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

I have used a Mini 9 through work, and its screen is nothing to write home about ... very limited viewing angles. From what I have seen in the Apple Stores, the 15-inch MacBook Pro's screen is much, much better. I think what people are complaining about the MacBook Pro's screen is the glare from the hi-gloss glass.

8. lordthistle macrumors 6502

The MBA has a very good glossy screen. I did not use it often, but I would say that it's similar to 15" MBP. This last screen is ruined by the glass: the MBA does not have glass and has a special coating making the reflections much less visible.

The Unibody MB has less saturated colors and less contrast than MBP and MBA screens.

9. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Well I just read that in a post from a "pro" photographer (so he says at least).
    Personally, I think that all the screens are good for what they are made for. MacBook for consumers, so watching movies and typing and browsing, MacBook Pro for pro work, so it has to be better for that, MBA is kinda a mix between the two as it's not really for pros, but not really for consumers either. (If that makes any sense :p)