Screensaver and shared photos

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sdilley14, May 28, 2015.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I'm working on setting up a folder of shared photos to use as my AppleTV screensaver.

The way I have it set up now, and the only way I could see to do it, was to set up an "iCloud Photo Sharing" folder via the Photos app on my IP6. Then I directed the AppleTV to that folder. However, it looks like it is set up as more of a "Photo Stream" type folder rather than a folder that is stored in iCloud. I can't see the folder when I open up the Photos app on the iCloud website. Which makes me wonder - are the photos being shared from this folder being stored/served from iCloud, or are they being served directly off of my phone? I would really like to just have a folder on the Photos app, viewable/accessible from the iCloud website, with all of my screensaver photos being stored/served directly from there. Is there something I'm missing here?

2. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, for what it's worth I figured out that the shared folder I created on my iPhone is in fact a folder that is stored/served from the cloud. It isn't visible on the iCloud website but I was able to see it through the Photos app on my MacBook.

Sidebar - when I launched the Photos app on my Mac for the first time this weekend it imported a slew of old (deleted months ago)/duplicate photos. I had to go through and manually delete about half of my photo library. Fortunately that was only about 400 photos. It seemed like it did a combination of importing my current photo library and pieces of old photo library backups from months ago.